BullBreedsUnite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBullBreedsUniteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fanny on the springpole!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bluesteel

bluesteel

Fanny on the springpole! Empty
PostSubject: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Fanny on the springpole! P7031097
Fanny just getting the hang of it!
Fanny on the springpole! P7031091
Nai helping Fanny get the hang of it Very Happy
Fanny on the springpole! P7031096
Fanny again! Very Happy
I'm going to put it up higher soon, just want her to get used to it first! Very Happy
I'm going to weight about another 6months to start Minx on it! Jaxon likes it a bit, but he has a bad left paw (it hurts after a while of walking) So i'm not letting him use it too much!
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:47 am

Great pics, fanny's a gorgeous girl in love
Back to top Go down
bluesteel

bluesteel

PostSubject: Re: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:19 am

Ali wrote:
Great pics, fanny's a gorgeous girl in love
Thanks heaps! We love her heaps! She was my mum in law's, but one of her now ex-boyfriends dogs keps attacking her for months and months and one day Fanny finally snapped and they both ended up with stitches and her ex-bf ended up with a broken hand because he tried to split them up! I always loved Fanny and Liz knew this.. I wanted a bully but my wife wasn't ready to replace her special bully that passed on.. but Fanny and her bully were besties.. so that's why we got her! I love her so much, she is so placid and easy going.. she's the best thing for our grumpy little pug, and she keeps our new Staffy pup in check.. shes the best Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

PostSubject: Re: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:12 am

Fab pics,Fanny will love it,its finding out also what gets them going on the end of the springpole.
Kia likes the tyre where Archie prefers a ragger or leather footie.
Fanny sure is a beautiful looking bullie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bluesteel

bluesteel

PostSubject: Re: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:14 pm

Tracie wrote:
Fab pics,Fanny will love it,its finding out also what gets them going on the end of the springpole.
Kia likes the tyre where Archie prefers a ragger or leather footie.
Fanny sure is a beautiful looking bullie. Very Happy
Thanks heaps! She's starting to really love it already hehe! That's a great idea, she would love her footy on the end of it! She loves also playing with that haha. I've thought of putting a kong toy on it aswell. Thanks heaps for your help and kind words Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
tb68

PostSubject: Re: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:27 am

It's good to see that you are puuting your bully through some conditioning. BUT for the sake of your dog and to save you from a hefty vet bill I would either move it to a location that has a soft landing or design an area around the pole that has a soft landing. I say this as when you raise the bait and spring the dog will have to jump and if he mistimes the jump or slips as they all do, and falls akwardly the concrete will become extremley unforgiving.
I would also incorporate the flirt pole into the exercises as this will condition all the muscles the spring pole doesn't . Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
bluesteel

bluesteel

PostSubject: Re: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:44 pm

tb68 wrote:
It's good to see that you are puuting your bully through some conditioning. BUT for the sake of your dog and to save you from a hefty vet bill I would either move it to a location that has a soft landing or design an area around the pole that has a soft landing. I say this as when you raise the bait and spring the dog will have to jump and if he mistimes the jump or slips as they all do, and falls akwardly the concrete will become extremley unforgiving.
I would also incorporate the flirt pole into the exercises as this will condition all the muscles the spring pole doesn't . Hope this helps.
We do have some mats that we usually use, I just didn't have them down when i took those pics. I might have to buy a flirtpole off the net, I can't seem to find them anywhere here! Thanks heaps for your help! Greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
tb68

PostSubject: Re: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 7:01 am

bluesteel wrote:

We do have some mats that we usually use, I just didn't have them down when i took those pics. I might have to buy a flirtpole off the net, I can't seem to find them anywhere here! Thanks heaps for your help! Greatly appreciated!

If you have a shop near you that sells horse equipment go in and ask for a lunging whip. This is what i use as a flirt pole due to it being extremely flexible and strong. Has taken the wieght of 2 80lb + bulldogges. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
bluesteel

bluesteel

PostSubject: Re: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:22 pm

tb68 wrote:
If you have a shop near you that sells horse equipment go in and ask for a lunging whip. This is what i use as a flirt pole due to it being extremely flexible and strong. Has taken the wieght of 2 80lb + bulldogges. Hope this helps.
That's a brilliant idea! I'll definately check out horseland next week sometime. Thanks heaps for all your help again Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanny on the springpole!   Fanny on the springpole! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fanny on the springpole!
Page 1 of 1