BullBreedsUnite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBullBreedsUniteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

G'day from Australia!

Go down 
+3
toni
valerievick
Rock Solid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rock Solid

Rock Solid

G'day from Australia! Empty
PostSubject: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Not a bad looking forum you guys have started up here, good to see a few different breeds all in the one place Cool

My name's Joe & I'm from Wodonga, Australia. I've currently got 2 Australian BDs ( http://www.australianbulldogsociety.com/ ) going by the names of Kato & Jynx. Jynx is just 12 weeks & our boy Kato is 14 months.

I'll get some pics up in the photo gallery.

Joe
Back to top Go down
valerievick

valerievick

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:20 am

Welcome Joe cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.passion-staffords.com
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:59 am

Welcome aboard Joe, nice site you have too.

Do you mind if i pinch the breed standard off it, to put in ours please? TBH Ive never heard of the Australian Bulldog, but by looking at some pics, they look fine. Very similar to the English Bulldog but taller, therfore, less health problem, im assuming. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.bullbreedsunite.niceboard.net
Rock Solid

Rock Solid

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:11 am

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yeah Toni Aussies' are basically a healthier, fitter, longer & taller version of the EB. There's obviously a few BD breeds such as the Alapaha, OEB, RB, Victorian BD, etc though none of them here in Aus. Importing any of the BDs mentioned to Aus would be a pretty expensive exercise & we wouldn't have the gene pool to go forward so I guess it was more practical for Australians to create a new BD breed better suited to our hot, dry conditions.

I don't see why it'd be a problem copying the breed standard here, it's not 'my' website though so I can't speak for the ABS but I'm sure there'd be no issues Wink

Joe
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 5:54 am

Hi and welcome Joe,great to have you aboard. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:47 am

Hiya joe, welcome to the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roxiedog

roxiedog

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:20 am

hi rocksolid . i just got here myself
Back to top Go down
http://www.taranduamstaffs.com

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

G'day Joe, welcome to BBU, your ABD'S are sweet looking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jools

Jools

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Hiya Joe Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia!   G'day from Australia! Empty

Back to top Go down

G'day from Australia!
Page 1 of 1