BullBreedsUnite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBullBreedsUniteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snow, Snow & more Snow

Go down 
+4
Lenore
Susan
toni
Ali
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ali

Ali

Snow, Snow & more Snow Empty
PostSubject: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:12 am

Just as you think it's all over, it comes back with a vengeance, SNOW i'm starting to get sick and tired of constantly trudging through snow everytime i go out, not being able to use the car cause it's snowed in and the roads are that bad you canny drive on them anyways
is it no about time it gave us a bloomin break, 4 weeks of snow is way beyond a joke with only a 2 days that it's not snowed and i woke up this morning to a complete white out again, this weather is getting so unreal, i've never known snow to lie and last as long as this has before Shocked
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:33 am

I know what your saying Ali, i loved it at first, but roll on summer and dry streets! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.bullbreedsunite.niceboard.net
Susan

Susan

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Just thinking the same Ali - we as you know are right on the coast and normally it goes in a day or so but this time its lay for 4 weeks - letal as well - i cant manage to take my two out as one pull or a cat and id be on me well you know lol - so they have been in the garden just running round until the weekend when the OH can take them out with me.

Once your off our estate the roads are ok the main ones - but thats the problem getting off the estate its like an ice rink and id rather not bother - not driven since last Tuesday got OH to take me shopping today - and Oh boy didnt he love it lol

They say another 10 days of this - Mad
Back to top Go down
Lenore

Lenore

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:51 pm

can't drive cars 'cause of snow Question
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Lenore wrote:
can't drive cars 'cause of snow Question

Yup that's right lenore , the snow isn't getting cleared off the streets cause of the shortage of sand/salt to put down on them so the snow is lying turning into ice with the freezing temperatures , more thick snow falling on top and again turning into more impact ice and it's making the roads treacherous, the wheels of our cars can't get a grip on them so it's a total nightmare to try and drive on Sad
Back to top Go down
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Really bad here too...takes the piss!! dogs enjoy it though lol..

must admit role on summer Smile

-3 here god help where its -15+ in places lol... where dreading the gas bill lol
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:52 am

Us, living in a small town, are lucky if we get ANY roads gritted. The main road thru town, a dual carridge way is like an ice rink!Shocked

Other night it was minus 15, but that was in a tunnel with cold steel/wind too, at the OHs work!Shocked

Ive not fallen in it yet, its when it turns to proper ice it gets scary! My mum fell over twice yesterday tho when she came for a walk with me and dogs... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 7:58 am

We had -12 the other night and like everyone else ye i'm dreading the gas bills Shocked
I fell out the back when i was out with the dogs, the steps were like pure ice, dogs ran towards me and i tried to get out the way in case they ran into me but they ran past towards emma who was standing at the back door watching, i thought she was gonna wet herself laughing at me and as soon as i got up she ran into the house to tell fred and the boys about me falling so when i got in they were all laughing, just as well i didny hurt myself lol!
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:49 am

well what was I saying! Weve had rain for the last few hours, washed a load away but ice is next! Shocked Rolling Eyes

Im on PP for gas and using between £40 and £50 a week! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:23 pm

We've not had any rain yet, we had another load of heavy snow through the night again. i pay £75 a month DD for my gas but that probably wilny cover it with the amount of gas we've went through to try and heat this place up Rolling Eyes
I hate the thought of it all freezing over, it's gonna be a bloomin nightmare Shocked
Back to top Go down
kazzy

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 am

toni wrote:
well what was I saying! Weve had rain for the last few hours, washed a load away but ice is next! Shocked Rolling Eyes

Im on PP for gas and using between £40 and £50 a week! Shocked

bloody hell thats a hell of amount to be paying weekly for gas, im at most £20 and my heating is on all the time just now
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 4:49 am

my heating is on all the time too, but we cant just have it ticking over, my OH says its gotta be whacked up for the kids.... more like him Rolling Eyes

Even at night its on like 15c! Then he wonders why I come down when his asleep and turn it right down!
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:58 am

Now most of the snow/slush as gone off the roads near me... the roads are worse than ever before. All the repairs that have been done on the roads in the last 12-18 months have popped out so there are pot holes EVERYWHERE! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 am

Same here toni, the snow has started to melt now and we're left with big gaping pot holes on the roads Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jools

Jools

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:04 pm

I hate bleeding snow! Was clearing up here on Sunday, still a bit icy but we thought everything was getting back to normal, heating broke down at daughters school on Monday, no work for me, which is ok but I really needed to get after taking 2 days of last week cause the schools were closed. Got up this morning and we are covered in the stuff again! Sons school closed, had to drag him into work with me, took us 2.5hrs! It will probably freeze over tonight and we will be back to square one. Oh the joys!
Back to top Go down
Susan

Susan

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:35 am

Weve had no snow for two weeks i think but last night it came down thick and fast - started about 11.30 and 6 inches fell - it was gorgeous this morning but i do hate the stuff - have took some pics just uploading as i type -

Toni have you got a bloody gas leak lol - i pay £75 a month by DD same as Ali - ive got a new boiler one of those condensing things - heating on at 15 all the time house warm all the time just flick it higher if you want it higher - when the snow was down for weeks we had heating on all night - not that i like it like that but Oh is a cold arse lol - i would have your gas checked out thats way too much -
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:36 am

The snow seems to of missed us out this time thank gawd, don't think i could handle any more of the white stuff lol but it's so bloody cold up here, the house seems to be freezing even with the heating on just now Shocked
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:44 am

a little frosty here the last 2 days, hope it doesnt come back here.

Seeing what u and Kazzy said, Susan, i think were being charged too much. Shocked

This week ive put on £30, but its not been as cold - and £8 was deducted for my outstanding £400 last winter bill . Embarassed

I will check my quartley bill when it comes in Febuary, see what its on compared to the n-power site.

I would do that monthly payment thingy but when it gets to summer i like putting £20 on a month Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mitch_stu

mitch_stu

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:51 am

Haven't seen any snow in about 4 yrs now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 pm

mitch_stu wrote:
Haven't seen any snow in about 4 yrs now Laughing

I'll send you some mitch, we've got plenty to go around again, think i opened my big gob too soon, got up this morning and it was snowing again, i'm so sick and tired of that white stuff now Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:26 am

yeah think u and susan should of kept shut, we got some forecasted now too, thanks ladies! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:16 am

Looks like the weather man was right for once Rolling Eyes

Hot his right when he predicts the 'scorching' summer were to expect! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow, Snow & more Snow   Snow, Snow & more Snow Empty

Back to top Go down

Snow, Snow & more Snow
Page 1 of 1