BullBreedsUnite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBullBreedsUniteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last night I got a....

Go down 
+6
mitch_stu
Jools
Ali
Mark
nikki
toni
10 posters
AuthorMessage
toni
Admin
toni

Last night I got a.... Empty
PostSubject: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:35 am

14 month old private rescue staffy! Very Happy

Shes called Stella, at the end of her 2nd season. Shes red with a black muzzle.

I have taken some pics, but not got the time to put them on yet. I will put them on soon.

Shes a jumper, shes jumped the stair gate this morning and quite easily jumped onto the dining table Shocked

Her and Buddy are great, dodgy start, but more my part then theirs!

He nipped at her face a few times, then him grumbling, and snappin at her again, but everytime, apart from the twice he got her face, he only went to her. Then stopped.

I thought I had the most mental dog in Buddy, but OMG. Stella is crazy, she wants to play 24-7!

She isnt toilet trained - or i dont know if its a new home.

She hardly knows her name, or sit... or anything Crying or Very sad

But I will tell ya mores later when I get time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bullbreedsunite.niceboard.net
nikki

nikki

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:44 am

Oooh I look forward to seeing the photos!!!!

x
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:03 am

Here she is... am sorry for the rubbish pics. I will get some better ones. She hates the camera. Laughing

Sorry PB is playing up for me, but u should be able to see on FB...

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159181&id=627179461&saved#/album.php?aid=159181&id=627179461&ref=mf

I think that should work. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
nikki

nikki

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:17 am

Aww Toni - she is gorgeous!!

I hope she settles in well and that her and buddy get on as well as my two.

Was it planned, or did it just kind of happen?

x
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:50 am

Id looked at rescues before but the ones I looked at say about not homing to kids under 5... or even 10 sometimes.

I wanted a rescue, rather than a pup, just because so many need help. And even tho, she is a private, ive done my bit.

Id been looking for about a year now, at least. And when my BF came home from work and said his mate wanted to home his bitch last fortnight, I jumped at the chance. Id been holding it in for ages, incase it didnt come off, and id of been gutted, but ended up telling a couple of peoplea few days ago - cos I couldnt hold it in.

He brought her home last night, and we left them to meet at the gate, but everytime she put her nose thru, buddy was snappy, and pinching her lip, he caught her twice, she didnt squeal or anything. Even tho he sounded a bit nasty, i think he was just telling her. Ive had them out together this morning, and within 10-15 mins they we're walking happily side by side.

Shes definitly going to be hard work tho lol... but worth it.

Woke up this morning to 2 poo's in the house... took her out like i said, she poo'd in the house again. So ive disinfected everywhere, and put some paper down, if she isnt even going to learn that, shes going to have to be crated I think.

I forgot about the pissing about toilet training, everytime she has a drink, letting her out and stopping with her til she wee's, and then praising when she does.

Im sure we'll get there. She just needs time and patience, which ive got and will give her. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:07 am

Eekk been so excited for you, she is lovely.

Give them a good month or so of you doing what your doing and you will have 2 partners in crime doing everything together.

Good luck with her training sure she will soon be upto speed x

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:34 am

Awww bless congrats Toni.. will look fwd to seeing pics Smile

Reedy.x
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:36 am

Cant u see em Reedy Neutral

Ive put a link in post up top. Smile https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159181&id=627179461&saved#/album.php?aid=159181&id=627179461&ref=mf

Smile
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:43 am

Aww toni she's gorgeous, training her is just gonna take time and patience, as with the toilet buddy should bring her on quicker, they both look great together Very Happy
good luck with her training xxx
Back to top Go down
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

toni wrote:
Cant u see em Reedy Neutral

Ive put a link in post up top. Smile https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159181&id=627179461&saved#/album.php?aid=159181&id=627179461&ref=mf

Smile

no coz your account is private n im no longer on fb!

x
Back to top Go down
Jools

Jools

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Good on u Toni! Stella is gorgeous, hope it all works out okay. I'm sure you will sort the toileting out, she's probs just a bit disorientated at the mo n will take a bit 4 everything 2 settle down.
You've been dying 2 do this 4 ages and I know what you mean about adopting n private adopting, there's a big difference when you have 2 kids to think about. We thought about it b4 we got Zak, (both r from same parents, obv diff litters). Coco is brill will all dogs, quite disinterested really but jesus Zak is still like a gremlin on speed. He's 2.5yrs now n still thinks he's 6mths old. He is also DA, it's manageable but obv we have 2 b well on the ball with him. He's also a "jumper", he can clear an average stairgate no probs, we have had 2 buy the taller ones, he even cleared that once.
Good luck mate, saw pics on fb, Stella is lovely (as is Bud). Pmsl at your comment of Budweiser n Stella, now i know what it means. x
Back to top Go down
mitch_stu

mitch_stu

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Congrats on the new dog toni she looks lovely and will take a bit of settling down, my mate just got a 8month old Shar pei froma dogs home down south and he's been very patient with him and thats it first dog so told him what to expect. No douby buddy will be in lead and soon get her ship shape
Back to top Go down
Tarnia

Tarnia

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:57 am

Awwww Toni she is gorgeous and well done for rescuing, I'm sure you have her sorted in no time x
Back to top Go down
http://www.brackensdogrescue.com/
nikki

nikki

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:19 pm

How is stella getting on hun?

x
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:27 am

Sorry, ive hardly been on. Trying to sort things out.

Update on Stel tho.

Ive been letting her and Buddy mix. She humps him at every chance, and he just stands and lets her Rolling Eyes Laughing

Been taking them out together, had her on a training lead, and she just sticks to Buddy when out and his off lead.

Im going to take her to a local caged area at the weekend if nothing is on there, and let her have a run off and see what shes like.

The toilet training, well... her first night we had 2 poo's and 3 wee's in the house! 2nd night after throwing her out all the time to see if she needed antyhing. I put paper down inside, she did one wee, just next to the paper. And last night, I stuck her out after Im a Celeb, and stood in the cold and rain for about 20 mins until she did a poo and a wee, and this morning there was nothing left for me. Very Happy

Thats not to say shes trained I know, but hopefully its the start.

She eventually ate something on Sunday morning, all of Saturday she didnt touch a thing.

Off to get ready to take them out afte ive read thru all new posts, so be back on soon - and will update if there is anything Ive forgot.
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:34 am

Oh and something else... Buddy is no longer the dog we knew... !

He doesnt wana play anymore... with us.... his only interested in her.

He used to have a mad half hour at night, diving off the settee's and round the room. He hasnt done that neither. Crying or Very sad

Ive made sure that EVERYONE doesnt leave him out. But he is a bit moody lol! He sat on my knee the other night and fell asleep for 2 hours, he NEVER does that, he usually lays behind my legs.

Everynight Buddy is getting a run by himself, so Im still having time with him alone.

Also... the good note..

He doesnt jump all over guests anymore.

He used to be an absolute nightmare when anyone came round, but last night we had friends round. And to begin with - about 5 mins - they both wanted fussing, but then Buddy was sitting by their feet wanting stroking. He NEVER did that before. I was very shocked Shocked lol!

Stella wasnt bothered, she just laid on the settee watching. lol!
Back to top Go down
Susan

Susan

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:10 am

Well done Toni for taking Stella on she is gorgeous just looked at the pictures - love her pink harness - im sure in a few weeks they will be great and she will be doing her business outside -
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:29 am

Well done and congrats mate. Very Happy
So happy for you all and Stella,its been a long time coming and i know how hard you have been looking for a rescue.She is a beauty hun,im sure her and Budster will be so happy and you will have another great staffy.
Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chelseyfj

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:59 pm

she is gorgeous!

we rescued out staffy star and she is hard work too! She was incredibly nervous, but now she isnt, but 1 yr later she still likes to chew things when we leave her, today it was another sofa cushion! But what can you do
Back to top Go down
http://www.poochieparlour.co.uk
mitch_stu

mitch_stu

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:10 pm

chelseyfj wrote:
she is gorgeous!

we rescued out staffy star and she is hard work too! She was incredibly nervous, but now she isnt, but 1 yr later she still likes to chew things when we leave her, today it was another sofa cushion! But what can you do

Me i'd crate her to stop this, both mine were crated till they was atleast a year old and now they don't chew anything whilst were out. They chew when were in the house and they're roaming around the garden like a taunt "look at me dad i've got your flip flop !!!! bounce " or a peice of the irrigation system but never anything in the front room and we leave shoes and all sorts out.
Back to top Go down
chelseyfj

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:16 pm

with her though it is separation anxiety, i think crating her would take her back to how she was when we got her, she has no problem with being crated but i dont want to crate her and not my other two, seems unfair. also i am not willing to crate her for the amount of time where i am at work that would be cruel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.poochieparlour.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last night I got a....   Last night I got a.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Last night I got a....
Page 1 of 1