BullBreedsUnite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBullBreedsUniteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

grrr fireworks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kazzy

grrr fireworks Empty
PostSubject: grrr fireworks   grrr fireworks EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:57 pm

my girls this year are panicking like anything everytime a firework goes off poor wee things i feel so sorry for them, i had the pair of them sitting on my knee tonite shaking like anything and clinging on to my shoulders, any tips what i can do to help them even if i cant manage this year can prepare for next year
Back to top Go down
Staffinating

Staffinating

grrr fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: grrr fireworks   grrr fireworks EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:45 am

I take mine out for extra ,extra long walk bulk up their dinner with pasta, turn tv up to try to drown out most of it.
Plenty things available like cds,dapp products etc never tried them thou
Back to top Go down

grrr fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: grrr fireworks   grrr fireworks EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:16 am

we have been out loads today had them running wild up the fields and woods for a couple of hours and theyre not allowed to nap now untill tonight.

Im turning the TV or a CD up, have stuffed their kongs this morning with Peanut butter and theyre in freezer. Mags will be fine in her crate as will Troy...its Nula im worried about.

I also bang the heating or fire on to knock them out and sit there pretending everythings hunkydory while they eat their kongs.

Some say put a tshirt on them as it acts like a hug without you mollycoddling them and feeding their fear even more. xx
Back to top Go down
Susan

Susan

grrr fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: grrr fireworks   grrr fireworks EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Milly is fine they dont bother her she just lies there as normal lol but kasha is a totally different story - if hes out in the garden and one goes off hes barking and diving at the sky to get it - at the moment im sat on the pc with music on to drown out the noise of the bangs - seems to work till you get a break in tracks and a banger goes off lol
Back to top Go down
kazzy

grrr fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: grrr fireworks   grrr fireworks EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:51 pm

the girls are hiding in the hall on a doggy cushion seem to feel safe there even if they are crapping it (tia literally did when a firework went off) milo is running up and down the hall whining coz he doesnt have a clue whats wrong with the girls ive got the tv turned up loud to try drown them out but as the tv keep putting fireworks in there programmes it doesnt help grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
missymoomin

grrr fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: grrr fireworks   grrr fireworks EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:28 am

mine have been fine, and we have a huge fire etc behind our house literally a minutes walk away so im dead lucky really! they just look a lil puzzled every now and then if 1 happens to disturb their beauty sleep!
we are off for a meal at OH's mums later so i will leave the tv on for them just to blott out most of the noise, but really last night was the worst of it here, they have the big fire there every year so its mostly over with for us now x
Back to top Go down

grrr fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: grrr fireworks   grrr fireworks EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 8:19 am

Troy was a bit edgy the girls didnt bat an eyelid more interested in their kongs. xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

grrr fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: grrr fireworks   grrr fireworks Empty

Back to top Go down

grrr fireworks
Page 1 of 1