BullBreedsUnite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBullBreedsUniteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FW: [pbr-l] Stephenville, Tx police shoots pitbull 5 times and won't speak to owner.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Judy Chevalier

Judy Chevalier

FW: [pbr-l] Stephenville, Tx police shoots pitbull 5 times and won't speak to owner. Empty
PostSubject: FW: [pbr-l] Stephenville, Tx police shoots pitbull 5 times and won't speak to owner.   FW: [pbr-l] Stephenville, Tx police shoots pitbull 5 times and won't speak to owner. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:12 pm

From: pitbullrescue@yahoogroups.com [mailto:pitbullrescue@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of magnacare1
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 3:32 PM
Last night Rooster and his k-9 sister got out of their fence. Joanna and her boyfriend went looking for them only to find out that their dog had been shot 5 times by police officer Todd Coots (sp). Animal contol was not on the scene nor were they called.

What can we do to help this devistated pit bull mom? Any Ideas or help is greatly appreciated

Here is the message she sent me via my web site www.pitbullhelp.com.

My dog was rescued out of houston...got it tru a friend that rescued him. He was 2 1/2 years olds, up to date on all his shots. Never was aggresive at all...he just got done playing with a one year old that morning of the accident. This happen in Stephenville, Tx around 8 p.m. Stepehnville police, only one, was at the scene. I have called the police station and they have not called me and that was at 8 this morning. I called again at 11 and the lt. was not in still, went up there about 12 to speak with captain king and he was not in. and they would not give me a report of in incedent. My dog got out by the gate, we have two dogs and the Jade( bigger one) proped the gate open. I realized they were gone around 8. When I went driving around looking for them. Me and my boyfriend saw animal control and followed them to the police station. When we asked him about our dog and said in rude way, "yea we shot him" and then he started asking us about all our info and we wanted to talk to the police that shot him. When he showed up and with his back up. They were very rude and would not answer our questions as to why he shot him. The first officer said that he bite him, then the second one said that he lunged at him and they have it all on tape. Well after they got all our info they said that we can go and I asked for my dog so I could take him home and lay him to rest. They were a little hesitant and rude about it. But they ended up bringing him to me after 20 min (I waited outside for him). The oLt. Gaitain said that he was not going to cite us. Then at 8 this morning I get cited for my dog and for the one that they shot. They police around here are always bad mouthing pit bulls and I think they are impartial to them.

The local news station Empire Tribune had been notified and they are going to expose the police and ask what really happened. Joanna was told there was a video tape of the whole incident. How do we get a copy of it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chevalier-bullterriers.com

FW: [pbr-l] Stephenville, Tx police shoots pitbull 5 times and won't speak to owner.
Page 1 of 1