BullBreedsUnite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBullBreedsUniteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gas/Electric Bills

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:44 am

Just wonderd what everyone pays for this?
I know the prices have gone bonkers the last couple of years,mines doubled Shocked .
Im in a 3 bed house and pay..
£80 a month for gas and £60 electric,now the gas is the price it is as winter is always dearer,did start of paying £50 a month for both when first moved in,but wasnt covering it.
BTW,If anybody is with British Gas and receives any benfits please ring them and ask for info on the ESSENTIALS TARRIF.as its a lot cheaper than normal.
Plus BG is also wiping certain customers debts and allocated millions through out the UK.
ring them if your having trouble paying your bills,they will help,ive got inside info so please do so. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
missymoomin

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:55 am

mine make me feel sick when they come thru the door!
its banged up these past couple of years and im now known as the heating hitler in my house! its due any day, maybe about a week, so ill let ya know how bad it is when it does!
i used to pay it by direct debit everymonth but they put it up so much i told them to send me a payment card and ill sort it myself. but with all the best intentions i seem to forget to pay anything more often than not!
i am with E.on for both gas and electric, and as soon as bill comes ill let ya know if its baaaaaaaaad news or just bad news lol
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:00 am

Im back on prepayment Embarassed

Last winter quarter came in at £430 for Gas! Shocked Im still paying it off at £8 a week Shocked

Its disgusting how they can charge so much.

Wish i could get help but dont get any cos the OHs on too much money. So just have to struggle thru it.

Mind... this year ive been a scrooge, much to his discust Laughing When it gets cold, id rather throw my dressing gown on, and some thick socks. The kids dont mind. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.bullbreedsunite.niceboard.net
toni
Admin
toni

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:01 am

Oh and am with N-Power. Smile
Back to top Go down

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:01 am

oh dont marks gonna have me sat here in my coat yet
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

I'm with N-Power aswell and i think they're a rip off, i'm £80 a month for electricity and £50 a month for gas and like you toni i'm behind in my electricity got a £350 quarterly bill in so phoned them to get them to put my payments up to £50 a month (i used to pay £40) but they says that it wilny cover the bills and says the least i could pay was £80 i was like ffs affraid so i'm now thinking once my bills paid off going back with scottish hydro, they're dear but still cheaper than n-power and they're also offering that energy machine thingy that keeps a check on your bills Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:18 am

TBH when they say come to us, cos we've reduced, the others soon follow suite, so there all roughly the same.

I guess i should just have my heating set on the timer instead of on 24-7 Shocked

Even now when i moan, its still on, just turned low! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:26 am

LOL toni i have my heating on a timer but i put the high electricity bills down to this place needing re-wired, i think that once that's been done my bills would be cut by quite a bit
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:40 am

I hate this time of year,as you have to have the house warm and that means the gas bill goes up Evil or Very Mad
Im gonna get into debt so they will fit me pre payment meters,least that way i know how much were using and maybe the kids will stop the 20min showers.
funny how you have to get behind befor they fit meters,i told them months ago i was gonna struggle with payments in the winter.
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Do your kids only have 20min showers tracie, you'd hate to have mine especially liam he has showers for up to 1hr plus, the boys go into the shower and always seem to forget to come back out again lol
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:43 am

I've just got my new N-Power gas and electricity bill in this morning, i nearly died when i say the bloomin thing they're now wanting a payment of £252 a month, well i was right on that phone, they were trying to say that all my bills have been estimated, no way i dunno how many times i've let the guy in to read the electricity meter and i've seen them read the gas meter outside aswell, so i had to give them the reading myself and i've gotta phone back tomoz to see wot's gonna happen, if anything i'll end up cancelling my account with them if they dinny get somet sorted out, how can anyone afford to make that kind of payment a month Shocked
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:48 am

They cant expect you to pay that... id tell em to swivel ali, they cannot switch u off, as you have kids.

Xmas too Shocked

Can u not go elsewhere, and on to prepayment, then just pay n-power £5 a week or somets... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 am

Ali hun,ring them and explain,they are really good.Woody works for BG,and tbh he says its when customers ignore the letters.They are only botherd about recovering the debt so just make them a offer of what you can afford.Hope you get it sorted hun.
Also you cant go with another supplier if you have outstanding debt with one already.
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:16 am

Ye i'd have to pay off the bill in full befoere i could go with somewhere else, i've to phone them back tomoz to try and get somet sorted out cause there's no way i'm paying that a month, it's impossible to use that amount or electricity for the size of this place
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:05 am

Just thot i'd update yous on the N-Power bill i got yesterday, i phoned them up again this morning and i've been told that i'm now £88 in credit for my gas but £415 in debt with my electricity Shocked th e guy i spoke to says that they were gonna spread my DD payments out over 1yr so the payments were alot lower a month but i refused and asked him to send me out a budget card instead and i'd pay tham as much as i could weekly to get the debt paid off cause i was in the middle of moving back to scottish hydro again (the direct manager at SH gave me advice yesterday on wot to do and ask for) with the budget card it means that i can move company and keep paying off N-Power till the debt is cleared. I'm also getting one of them moniter machines that tells you exactly how much gas and electricity your going through along with the cost with scottish hydro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 am

Glad your getting it sorted hun,how can you be in debt one min and not the next?
its crazy the way energy companies work,and what they get away with.
just always remember to challenge them and make them a offer to pay any bills you have trouble with,They cannot decline your offer,as its better than no payment,then chasing you up with calls and letters cost them in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:40 am

The next thing i need to do once the budget card comes through is try to get back the £88 gas credit, which should be alot more when scottish hydro take over from them in 5 weeks
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:46 am

can they not knock off the credit? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:52 am

I dunno i'll have to ask them if they can shift it from the gas to the electricity, it would def make a difference if they could do that and it would save them having to send a cheque out to me aswell Smile
Back to top Go down
Susan

Susan

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Interesting topic girls and one that i was wondering about as well - ive just had my annual review for gas and electric - im with EDF - the gas remains the same at £60 a month but the electric has gone up to £80 - im in credit by £110 on the gas and owe only £92 on electric - wasnt happy about them putting it up but i have this each year and i must be using the stuff - i was considering just coming off the Direct Debit scheme and paying bill when it comes in - its just making sure you put the money away isnt it - seems what im paying is about average for family of four so i feel a little better.
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:51 am

My mum has always paid when the bill comes in,im the total opposite lol!
If you do feel your paying too much,check your meters are the correct type and your not been charged for a tariff or meter you dont have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gas/Electric Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas/Electric Bills   Gas/Electric Bills Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas/Electric Bills
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BullBreedsUnite :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: