BullBreedsUnite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBullBreedsUniteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DAP diffuser/collar

Go down 
+4
roxiedog
toni
Tracie
Ali
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ali

Ali

DAP diffuser/collar Empty
PostSubject: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:28 am

I was just wondering if anyone had used either of them, tess has always been a nervous dog since she had a bad time with getting speyed but recently she has gotten really bad, she's started to wreck the place with her chewing if i go out and even sometimes when i'm in aswell and the slightest wee noise she's constantly shaking like a wee mouse, same when we get visitors and she knows everyone really well that visit us, she won't even go outside for a walk now, not even with spike, i managed to get her out once and she was shaking, panting and cowering all at the same time, it was a nightmare, nothing's happened to make her worse, so i was thinking about trying DAP to see if that helps before i go and get advice from the vets, just to lets yous know she goes out the back garden without any probs and would play out there all day if she got the chance to, it seems to be the one place that she's really happy, oh and when she gets really anxious she pees which is really unusual for her cause she's never peed in the house since she was just a wee pup
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:44 am

Aww hun,poor Tess.
Kia went like this after been speyed too,she wasnt the bouncy out going pup that greeted everybody she met.She is what i call "quirky",she doesnt like too many people in the room at once,and gets very restless,same when the noise level is raised if my bro comes and him and Josh start messing about.Also doe the panting and trembling too.
Must admit she has got better since turning 2 in april,but defo not the same same been speyed at 7months befor her first season(which i would never do again).
Ive read that in some bitches this can turn a confident,normal bitch into a nervous dog.
Anyways back onto Tess and the DAP collars.ive read that they have worked brill for some dogs,it may be worth a try with Tess hun,really hope you can help improve it as i know what you mean.BIG HUGS TO TESS.XXXXX
Back to top Go down
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:49 am

Ive never tried a DAP spray, but they are meant to be effective.

Poor tess, i didnt know she was nervy since her op Crying or Very sad

Thats really sad that she isnt even enjoying her walkies anymore.. poor girl. Hope u can get somets to calm her nerves down. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.bullbreedsunite.niceboard.net
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:17 am

Thanks, the vet sells both the collar and the diffuser, dunno if the diffuser would be any good with spike around there again he could do with calming down he's a total nutter lol
(he's going through his lager lout stage lol) Rolling Eyes
they're both due to be wormed so will be up at the vets this week to get spike weight for his tabs so i'll speak to them about getting her one

she seemed to be getting better toni and it was like she just changed overnight again but 10 times worse this time, i feel so sorry for her cause it canny be much fun for her either
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:24 am

Whats Tess like around strangers hun?
Does she meet n greet in the staffie way,?
Kia was terrible and never intrested in getting a stroke from them,but has got better.
Cant remember what the article was called about "speying bitches too young"
Hope you can get the wee lass sorted hun.xxx
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 am

She use to be great around strangers, wanting petet etc, but now won't go near anyone,
even folk that she knows really well, she either runs away to her bed ( it's in the bedroom) or trys to get under or on top of my legs.

as for getting spayed, she went through her 1st season and it was around 3-4 month after it before i got her spayed but she went through a hell of a time and had to have 2 huge emergency ops after it, that's when everything with her changed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:09 am

aww bless her what a shame. Iv seen dogs improve with DAP and rescue remedy in their water.

i think it will be time and patience with her, as her confidence has been knocked with emergency ops. would she like clicker training or something new to strengthen your bond? xxx
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:52 am

Yasmin wrote:
aww bless her what a shame. Iv seen dogs improve with DAP and rescue remedy in their water.

i think it will be time and patience with her, as her confidence has been knocked with emergency ops. would she like clicker training or something new to strengthen your bond? xxx

i've tried the clicker when she was a pup and she didny respond to it, i found it easier to train her without it
and dunno about the rescue remedy as spike drinks outta the same water bowl as tess
Back to top Go down
roxiedog

roxiedog

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:59 am

Hi all, can I ask what is a DAP diffuser/collar ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.taranduamstaffs.com
toni
Admin
toni

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:08 am

http://www.doggiesolutions.co.uk/d-a-p-dog-appeasing-pheromone-497-0.html

There you go, kinda explains it all, better than i could of.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bullbreedsunite.niceboard.net
roxiedog

roxiedog

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:15 am

thanks toni
great idea . not sure if it would work or not
Back to top Go down
http://www.taranduamstaffs.com
missymoomin

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:49 am

hope u get her sorted, sounds like something has really upset her, and if she was allready slightly insecure i think it could take a bit of time and patience and hard work, just trying to positively reward her when she takes small steps towards being her old self. she may never be quite the same bless her but im sure u can get her into a better place than she is feeling at the moment.
a friend of mine used the dap things, i believe it was a plug in but it didnt help her. her girl was a serial chewer tho and she tried some herbal stuff too which had no effect. she wasnt a nervous dog at all tho, she just liked to chew, so maybe this could work for ur girl, along with some training too. poor lil mite.
missy was speyed 12 weeks after first season and no probs, sounds like ur girl has been quite unlucky, fingers crossed u get her better
x
Back to top Go down
MasterOfDisasterKennel

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:43 pm

I have not used the diffuser collar but have used phermones both in a spray and in a room diffuser with great success. In my experience, they work great for dogs that are terrified of thunder for example.

I use a couple spritzs of it in my dogs crates at the shows, helps them quiet down and they literally make a straight line from the ring back to their crates as soon as we are done showing.
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:14 am

Just back from the vets with spike, he had to go and get his booster and i was telling her all about tess and the way she's been lately, the vet recommends that i see a behaviourist about her and has given me a number of the one that they use and recommend, she also comes to the house so gonna give her a phone so she can come and see tess
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:40 am

Ali wrote:
Just back from the vets with spike, he had to go and get his booster and i was telling her all about tess and the way she's been lately, the vet recommends that i see a behaviourist about her and has given me a number of the one that they use and recommend, she also comes to the house so gonna give her a phone so she can come and see tess
Hope Tess can be helped,even a little will help her,i think its all down to building her confidence,i spent time with Kia one on one,hard when you have two dogs,but Kia now doesnt shhot behind the sofa etc when Josh laughs,strange what can spook them.
Good luck Tess XXX
Back to top Go down
Ali

Ali

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:36 pm

I hope this is gonna help aswell tracie, the vet says that i need to get tess seen to before it all gets to the stage where it gets way outta control, so hopfully she'll be able to come within the next few weeks
Back to top Go down
kazzy

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:00 pm

awwwwwww poor tess good luck getting her sorted i hope shes feeling more like her old self soon xxxx
Back to top Go down
nikki

nikki

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Many, many of our dogs have dap collars put on them as soon as they enter the kennels - for some dogs they work - others are just so stressed nothign works.

It's worth giving it a go and seeing how you get on.

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAP diffuser/collar   DAP diffuser/collar Empty

Back to top Go down

DAP diffuser/collar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BullBreedsUnite :: General Dog Related :: BullBreedsUnite General Dog Chat-
Jump to: